Case study: Masport
Communicate the Masport 100th year anniversary brand story and launch the new range of barbecue and mower products
Our brief was to position Masport as a reputable, long established Kiwi company that has stood the test of time while promoting their products throughout key media
Impact PR developed a comprehensive PR plan to target general news and consumer media in New Zealand. We drafted a series of press releases about the company, relating to their success despite the recession, 100th year anniversary and top of the line mowers, barbecues and gardening products.
These releases were pitched as exclusive stories before being disseminated to key media. This resulted in widespread coverage for Masport across television, radio, print and online media.
Impact PR successfully created a significant media splash through leveraging our extensive network of contacts. Over four months, Impact PR had secured more than 60 pieces of television, newspaper, radio and online coverage for Masport:
- Story on Masport’s 100th year anniversary on nationwide business show TV3’s ASB Business
- Story on Masport’s 100th year anniversary on nationwide news show 3 News at 12
- Story on Masport on nationwide news show TVNZ’s Tonight
- A extensive promotion on nationwide news programme TVNZ’s Breakfast
- Positive review and demonstration of the Masport Genius mower on nationwide news programme TVNZ’s Breakfast
- Positive review and demonstration of the Masport Piha barbecue on nationwide news programme TV3’s Sunrise
- Coverage in most national and several regional newspapers including: New Zealand Herald, Sunday Star-Times, Herald on Sunday and Sunday News
- Coverage in more than ten national magazines including: Woman’s Day, New Idea, KiaOra
- Lifestyle sites including: Yahoo and 3News