Glide Through Life with the Gillette Fusion ProGlide
Posted by Fleur Revell
Glide Through Life with the Gillette Fusion ProGlide Gillette releases its latest generation.
Life can be hectic but the little things don’t need to be difficult – embrace the Kiwi attitude and glide through life with the new Gillette Fusion ProGlide razor.
Following a hugely successful launch in the USA, UK and Australia, the Gillette Fusion ProGlide has finally reached New Zealand shores. More than 2.5 million ProGlide razors were sold within the first ten weeks of launch in the USA, eclipsing the record set in 2006 for Fusion, the world’s number one selling razor.
Gillette’s innovative new razor represents a significant advancement in shaving performance. Responding to men’s desire for a more comfortable shave, the new Gillette Fusion ProGlide provides a shave so comfortable that it transforms shaving into gliding and sceptics into believers.
The results speak for themselves with the ProGlide razor being preferred at almost a 2-to-1 ratio over the previous Gillette Fusion for closeness and comfort in consumer testing.
Despite advances in shaving technology, most men continue to experience discomfort during and after shaving, especially when the blades tug and pull, causing a series of unwanted side effects. Gillette continues to set the pace as the innovation leader with the addition of high-precision advancements that dramatically improve on Fusion.
Gillette Fusion ProGlide and Fusion ProGlide Power have a redesigned cartridge which has thinner, finer leading blade edges that cut effortlessly through hair for unsurpassed comfort even if you shave every day.
The Science of Shaving and Skin Care
Gillette listens to men to understand what they want from their shaving and skincare experience. The science behind the Gillette Fusion ProGlide addresses every aspect of interaction with both hair and skin, taking into account the shaving habits and rituals of men across the globe. These insights were combined to create world class technology in the ProGlide, which was trialled by over 30,000 men and put through rigorous testing protocols.
The Gillette Fusion ProGlide incorporates a series of unique technologies that address critical areas for a better shave and delivers incredible comfort and performance:
- Re-engineered Low Cutting Force Leading Blades with thinner, finer edges and an advanced low-resistance coating enabling the blades to cut effortlessly through hair with less tug and pull.
- A Blade Stabilizer to maintain optimal blade spacing for comfort, while allowing the blades to adjust to the contours of a man’s face.
- A streamlined Snowplow Comfort Guard which channels excess shave prep to help maintain optimal blade contact, stretching the skin for a close, comfortable shave.
- A Larger Lubrastrip™ infused with mineral oil and lubricating polymers, enabling the razor to move smoothly over skin even on repeat strokes.
- An improved Precision Trimmer including an enhanced blade, a comb guard to better align long hairs and new rinse-through slots.
- A Redesigned Handle with bigger, more ergonomic grips for better control and improved transition between front and back shaving surfaces.
- An innovative Microcomb, exclusively on Gillette Fusion ProGlide Power, that helps guide hair to the blade.
A Skin Care Regimen Designed for Men
The scientifically designed Gillette Series skincare range works in harmony with the Fusion ProGlide to help reduce shaving irritation and improve skin condition. The new advanced skin care range includes a Thermal Scrub and Cooling Balm, which deliver incredible comfort before, during and after the shave, providing a vital role in ensuring shaving and skin comfort.
- Gillette Series Thermal Face Scrub gently warms the skin, helping to clean and clear away dirt and oil while softening facial hair before shaving. In this innovative formula, heating technology is activated on contact with water to provide warming comfort and a mild soap-free clean by removing oils and dirt while helping to soften the hair, making it easier to cut. Small particles then help exfoliate dead, dry skin cells to help create an even, clear path for the razor.
- Gillette Series Intense Cooling Balm instantly cools and hydrates just shaved skin for an incredibly comfortable end to your shave. Its Dual-Cooling complex is designed to extend the cooling effect without drying the skin and instantly hydrates to help soothe and refuel men’s skin by sealing in moisture.
The Gillette Fusion ProGlide Manual (RRP $15.99), Gillette Fusion ProGlide Power (RRP $17.99), Gillette Series Thermal Facial Scrub (RRP $14.49) and Gillette Fusion Intense Cooling Balm (RRP $15.49) are available in stores nationwide from August 2011.
 P&G US sales of the Fusion ProGlide
 P&G US Sales of the Fusion
 Versus Gillette Fusion
 USA testing at launch
 Versus Gillette Fusion
 Versus Gillette Fusion