Go Short For Pantene Beautiful Lengths! Leading Hair Stylist Gives Top Tips for Short Hair This Season
Posted by Fleur Revell
For those wanting to donate their ponytail to the Pantene Beautiful Lengths program, deciding on a short style can be daunting. Luckily Barney Martin has top tips for rocking short hair this summer.
So you’re sure about your decision to rock short hair for summer and donate your ponytail to the Pantene Beautiful Lengths program – but still not sure how you’re going to pull it off? Pantene’s Expert Hairstylist, Barney Martin, has compiled your perfect how-to for short hair that rocks every occasion, from simple classics to summery or sophisticated do’s – your new hair will look fab no matter where you’re headed this season.
Pantene Expert Hairstylist, Barney Martin’s, Guide to Short Styles for Every Occasion allows you to provide invaluable support to Kiwis living with cancer and dealing with the effects of cancer treatment, while rocking a stylish new look at the same time.
Since launch, approximately 5,000 ponytails have been donated to Pantene Beautiful Lengths and as Pantene’s Expert Hairstylist, Barney says there is no better reason to go short than Pantene Beautiful Lengths.
“As a hairstylist, I know how much women value their hair and being able to donate yours to help make a real-hair wig is such a generous gift,” says Barney.
“Short styles can work for all occasions and the recent celebrity trends for a pixie crop prove that there is no better time to let your hairstylist sharpen their scissors!”
Barney’s Guide To Short Styles For Every Occasion:
- Boardroom: “A cute pixie crop with a side part is the perfect grown up look to take you to the top in the boardroom.”
- Work event: “Sweep the front of hair back off face to create a voluminous crown, and use pins to secure hair pulled back at the sides. The elegant look works well with chin-length hair blow-dried to turn in slightly at the ends.”
Tip: Use the Pantene Beautiful Lengths Strengthening Collection to smooth hair and repair damage to prepare hair for this sleek look.
- Night out: “Up the glam stakes for a night out with a layered shoulder length cut, with waves and subtle side fringe.”
- Date night: “Go smooth and sleek with a glossy cut finishing just below your chin. Complete the look with a blunt fringe sitting just above your eyes for maximum impact.”
Tip: Use Pantene Styling Treatment Foam Smooth Straight before blow-drying for a smooth finish.
- Music Concert – “For extra edge, a bleach blonde undercut is an ultra-cool way to rock a short style.”
- Beach break: “For the ultimate in easy holiday styling, make the most of a low-maintenance jaw-length bob tousled by salt and sun. Opt for an eyebrow-grazing fringe for a playful edge.”
Tip: Use Pantene Styling Treatment Mist Soft Curls to keep waves soft and touchable.
P&G spokesperson, Lisa Cunningham, says Barney’s involvement with Beautiful Lengths is an integral part of the program.
“We are thrilled to have Barney on board again this year with Pantene Beautiful Lengths. As someone who constantly works with women’s hair, Barney recognises the enormous, real difference that the donation of real-hair wigs can make to the lives of women going through cancer.”
“By donating your hair to Pantene Beautiful Lengths or by simply helping to raise awareness of the program through social media and word of mouth, you are making an enormous, real difference to the lives of women going through cancer.”
Latest posts by Fleur Revell (see all)
- Brad Lepper Joins Prestigious Sebastian Professional International Artist Team - April 30, 2015
- Christchurch Travellers Ditch Traditional Tourism for Canal Boats & Cooking Classes - April 16, 2015
- Gillette Declares ‘Shaving Rebuilt’ with the Launch of the New Fusion ProGlide with FlexBall™ Technology for Maximum Contact - March 18, 2015